High school football: Jhames West moves from wide receiver to quarterback for Jaguars
West throws a pair of touchdown passes in Westmoore's scrimmage vs. Lawton Eisenhower
FILLING THE GAPS
West shifts to quarterback for Westmoore
Jhames West, moving over from wide receiver, threw a pair of touchdown passes for Westmoore, both in the first “half” of a two-period scrimmage vs. Lawton Eisenhower.
Photoview all 18 photos
NewsOK Related Articles
The first came on a screen, with the second coming from 20 yards out to the front corner of the end zone during a two-minute drill.
“We did horrible on offense as a whole to start,” West said. “We were just sluggish and not all the way there. But after that, we did all right.”
Rayburn finds fit in slot
Deer Creek's Jared Rayburn is moving from the wide receiver position to the slot receiver for the Antlers this year, replacing Hunter Dinkines.
Quarterback Joel Blumenthal and Rayburn have quickly developed chemistry, evidenced by the scrambling 68-yard touchdown pass. Rayburn was wide open on the play.
“It's the scramble drill,” Rayburn said. “I got to move with my quarterback. When he goes that way, I am going with him.”
Blumenthal anticipates more such plays with Rayburn this season.
“That's just us,” Blumenthal said. “That's what we do. Hopefully you will be seeing that all season. Me and him, we just have that connection.
Rayburn said he likes the move to the slot.
“It fits my size and my speed,” he said.
PC North has variety at RB
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 36901Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 36295Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 32626Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 8549Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 5487OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 4132Oklahoma City Thunder: What could Serge Ibaka learn from Hakeem Olajuwon?
- 4021Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad