High school football: McGuinness receiver Cody Chancellor dominates Carl Albert
Photoview all 29 photos
NewsOK Related Articles
Lewis connected with Chancellor twice on the opening drive, including a 29-yard TD pass on a flea-flicker. In the second quarter, the duo hooked up on consecutive offensive snaps for 80- and 86-yard touchdowns.
Chancellor said he can’t recall ever, even in Little League, having a performance like Friday’s, but he quickly passed off the credit.
“I’ve never had an offensive line like this,” he said. “We call them the ‘M.D.L.’ — the Million Dollar Line. They’re holding up for us pretty well. We’ve got a great quarterback and a great line, so it should be a good year.”
Friday’s win was a sign of the direction McGuinness (5-0, 2-0) is headed in its first football season at the Class 5A level. Despite Carl Albert’s struggles at 1-4 on the season, a win for the Irish over a program like Carl Albert is a big step.
“They don’t have 10 state championships listed up there on that press box for no reason,” Jones said. “I’m proud of our kids. We’re gonna enjoy this one for a little while.”
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 90847Oklahoma weather: Severe storm updates
- 47098Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 38051Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 30921Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 13823Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims