High school football: No. 2 Edmond North rallies back to beat Yukon
Late turnovers help Huskies overcome deficit, beat Millers 41-33 at Wantland Stadium
Photoview all 16 photos
NewsOK Related Articles
“I put that all on our defensive line,” Byford said. “They were getting a lot of pressure. They played their butts off, and I'm proud of them.”
Defensive lineman Andrew Dixon came up with an interception of a Yukon screen pass that set up North's final touchdown.
Running backs Michael Farmer and Marque Depp posted identical second-half stats, each carrying the ball nine times for 57 yards and a touchdown, taking the pressure off the passing game that had carried the offense in the first half.
More than anything, Dombek was pleased to see his team fight its way out of a fourth-quarter deficit to remain undefeated at 6-0 heading into a road game at Norman North, which will have major implications on the district title race.
“We had a lot of adversity,” the coach said. “We fought through it and found a way to win. That's all that matters right now.”
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 90701Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 17035OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 12738Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 8924Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation
- 8598Line of storms brings flash floods to Oklahoma City area
- 8454How to help tornado victims
- 8359Oklahoma tornado: Names of dead released; missing individuals located