High school football: Norman gets a late break, holds on to beat Lawton
Muffed point with 1:25 left in the game clinches the Tigers' 26-21 victory. Norman will host Yukon in first round of playoffs. Lawton, once ranked No. 1 in Class 6A this season, is done for the year.
Photoview all 39 photos
NewsOK Related Articles
Norman came back for a 26-15 lead on Imond Robinson's 41-yard run.
“That sucker is quick,” Nation said of his running back. “You couldn't run him down in a phone booth. He is not only a good kid but a hard worker as well.”
With less than five minutes left, Lawton put together a quick drive and scored on Dallas Sealey's second touchdown run of the game.
Norman finished the game with 351 yards rushing. Robinson had 160 yards. Matt Hockett added 33- and 35-yard field goals for the Tigers.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 18669Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 10379Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 9301Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 7759Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 6777UPDATE: Search continues for boy, 17, missing in Uncle John Creek in Kingfisher
- 6498Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister
- 6417Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed