High school football: Norman North defense comes up big in victory over Southmoore
Timberwolves stop Southmoore's last four drives on downs to preserve a 21-6 win on Harve Collins Field
Photoview all 29 photos
NewsOK Related Articles
Evans took the ensuing kickoff, though, and stole the momentum right back from Southmoore; North senior Bryan Payne cleared Evans' path the whole way, laying a huge block near the end of the 84-yard touchdown return.
“That little dude B.P., he's got the greatest vision I've ever seen,” Evans said of the 5-foot-5, 150-pound Payne.
“When he sees a hole, I just follow him the whole way. That's all I did.”
Evans, one of four Norman North players to take snaps at quarterback, led the Timberwolves with 81 yards on 12 carries.
Last season, North qualified for its first postseason since reaching the 2008 quarterfinals. Friday's victory represented program's first playoff win since that year.
“We've got to keep it rolling through the playoffs,” Uhles said. “I looked up to those guys before us that had good seasons, and we had a little drop-off, but to be the group that brings it back is pretty special.”
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 57337Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 14801Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 9259Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 7518Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 6644Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 6577Rock, pop, country acts give talents and time to help Oklahoma tornado victims
- 6568How to help tornado victims