High school football: Norman's all-around game sinks Yukon 38-13 in playoff opener
Tigers win first postseason game since 2002, snapping a seven-game playoff losing streak
Photoview all 21 photos
NewsOK Related Articles
Yukon stalled on its second drive, getting to Norman's 18 before the drive ended on downs. The Millers later missed a 26-yard field goal.
But Norman failed to capitalize until the second half.
“What I've always said if you can control the clock, you can control the game,” Norman coach Greg Nation said. “We're fortunate enough that we've sustained some long drives and put the ball in the end zone. They had some long drives and didn't put any points on the board, which helped us in the first half.”
Yukon running back A.J. West finished with 260 yards and one TD one 19 carries. He also caught two passes for 66 yards, the final catch being a 31-yard TD.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 14589OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 8609Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 6402Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 6393Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 6018Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 5816Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 4098As Boy Scouts' vote on gay members nears, faith groups weigh in