High school football notebook: Tuttle taking care of business; Ada QB sets record
Tuttle has been consistent so far this season, including in Friday's 41-3 victory over Newcastle.
Consistency has been the story of the season for Tuttle so far. At 4-0, the Tigers have scored between 40-44 points each game and have not allowed more than 13.
Photoview all 59 photos
NewsOK Related Articles
Friday night's 41-3 win over Newcastle was more of the same, with the running back duo of Morgan Neal and Jesse Gregory helping to produce 260 rushing yards on just 31 carries and three touchdowns between them.
While the Tigers aren't passing a lot, they're making it count when they do.
“We've had a high completion percentage and a high ratio of touchdowns when we throw,” coach Phil Koons said. “We know people are gonna crowd the line of scrimmage on us, so we've got to be effective when we throw the ball.”
Defensively, the Tigers have been getting good leadership from players like Dawson Bassett, Jon-Michael Hollarn and Tanner Brannon.
Despite the easy work the Tigers have made of their schedule through four weeks, Koons isn't going to let his players relax.
“I'm a little bit of a perfectionist,” he said with a laugh. “I'm not satisfied with winning a few games early in the year. I want us to win all of them. Class 3A is as competitive a class as there is, so we know there will be some good teams there at the end. We want to be one of them.”
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 14891OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 9440Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 6703Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 6232Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 6155Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 6060Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 4124As Boy Scouts' vote on gay members nears, faith groups weigh in