High school football notebook: Tuttle taking care of business; Ada QB sets record
Tuttle has been consistent so far this season, including in Friday's 41-3 victory over Newcastle.
Photoview all 59 photos
NewsOK Related Articles
For a team with as much tradition as Ada, setting a school record is a big deal.
To break a record previously held by a McBroom is even bigger.
Cougars quarterback Wyatt Robson broke Larry McBroom's school record for career passing yardage in Friday night's 56-7 win over Mannford.
Robson completed 13 of 15 passes for 278 yards and four touchdowns in the win, playing only in the first half. He passed McBroom on a 65-yard touchdown pass to Easton Pingleton.
Robson now has 3,499 career passing yards, surpassing McBroom's 3,320.
The record was more than 40 years old; McBroom played for the Cougars in 1968-70.
McBroom, whose father Craig was a longtime coach for Ada, went on to coach the Cougars from 1980-95 and 2000-03.
MUSTANG DUO SELECTED FOR ALL-STAR GAME
Mustang linemen Jared Chance and Chandler Rhodes were selected for the Blue-Gray National High School Football Classic in Tampa Bay next January.
Rhodes was selected as an offensive lineman and Chance as a defensive lineman. The players were selected for the game from a combine in Arlington, Texas, earlier this year.
The game will be played at the Tampa Bay Buccaneers' Raymond James Stadium.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 90847Oklahoma weather: Severe storm updates
- 47098Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 38051Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 30921Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 13823Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims