High school football playoff notebook: Davis extends longest playoff appearance streak
The nine longest playoff streaks in the state continued this season, with Davis extending its streak of playoff appearances to 29. The Wolves haven't missed the postseason since 1983.
The nine longest playoff streaks in the state continued this season, with Davis extending its streak of playoff appearances to 29.
The Wolves haven't missed the postseason since 1983.
Photoview all 41 photos
NewsOK Related Articles
Seminole extended its streak to 28, while Cascia Hall has made the playoffs 26 consecutive seasons and Jenks has made 24.
The longest streak snapped this year was Glenpool, which had made the playoffs 15 consecutive seasons before its 3-7 record this year left it out of the playoffs.
Bixby and Shattuck had 12-year streaks snapped.
On the other side, several schools broke long playoff droughts, Caney Valley is making its first appearance since 1982, the second-longest drought in the state among teams that have playoff appearances in their history. Northwest has the longest playoff drought, dating back to 1968.
Tulsa Memorial (1989) and Merritt (1993) also snapped 15-plus year playoff droughts.
SEQUOYAH HAS CHANCE TO APPEAL
An appeal for Sequoyah-Tahlequah is on the agenda for Wednesday's meeting of the Oklahoma Secondary School Activities Association's board of directors.
The appeal is scheduled for 1:30 p.m.
It's still unclear whether the school will appeal the forfeiture ruling that led to the Indians being bounced from the playoffs, or just the players' eligibility going forward.
Twelve Indians football players — eight initially and four more shortly thereafter — were found to have violated OSSAA rules regarding payment of individual camps and clinics during the offseason.
The players received an injunction that allowed them to play in the Indians' final two regular-season games.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 30214Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 19534Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 7073OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 6093Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 5026OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 4433Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 3498Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater