High school football: Putnam City North returning to playoffs; Putnam City still in the running
You have to go back to 2008 to find a season when both Putnam City and Putnam City North reached the postseason, and no school from the district has made it the last two seasons. But one or both of those streaks is set to end this year.
Photoview all 48 photos
NewsOK Related Articles
“It's a really big deal for us,” PC North senior receiver Alex Clark said. “Watching as freshmen the last time we were in the playoffs, we saw how that whole atmosphere was like being in the playoffs, and it really motivated us.”
The Panthers' playoff slot will be determined Friday, when they host Yukon. The winner will get third place and the loser fourth.
“Yukon is in our same boat,” Clark said. “We definitely need to go play, because getting up to third would really help our playoff position.”
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 27538Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15649Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 10393Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 9809Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 9381Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 8402Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister
- 8325Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena