High school football: QB Jacob Lewis passes for 324 yards, runs for 172 as McGuinness rolls past El Reno
The Fighting Irish have a 42-point lead at halftime, finishes game with a 52-0 victory over El Reno
Photoview all 38 photos
NewsOK Related Articles
“Jake is an explosive player,” Jones said. “He really did a great job tonight. He was a true dual-threat quarterback.”
By halftime Friday night, the Fighting Irish had 496 total yards and 18 first downs to El Reno's 53 and three. Lewis had already totaled 245 yards passing.
McGuinness lit up the scoreboard on the first play from scrimmage. Chancellor turned a short catch into a 78-yard touchdown 19 seconds into the game.
Lewis gave the Irish a 14-0 lead on an 18-yard touchdown run toward the end of the first quarter. He added a 3-yard TD plunge to put McGuinness ahead 21-0 with 10 minutes left in the first half.
Braden Roy's 64-yard touchdown run, Chancellor's 33-yard TD catch and Lewis' 55-yard scoring run helped give McGuinness a 42-0 lead by halftime.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 4046At least 51 die in Oklahoma tornado, official says
- 3397Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 3003How to help tornado victims
- 2509Read live updates from the May 20 Moore tornado
- 1115Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 620Oklahoma twister tracked path of 1999 tornado
- 439Twitter reaction from the sports world on the Moore/OKC tornadoes