High school football roundup: No. 7-ranked Del City thumps Chickasha in 5A matchup
Corey Lawrence has touchdown runs of 50, 68, 17 and 19 yards for the Eagles, who remain unbeaten in district.
Photoview all 24 photos
NewsOK Related Articles
Mustang 55, Choctaw 35
Frankie Edwards threw four touchdown passes and ran for a score in leading Mustang to a 55-35 victory over Choctaw in District 6A-4. Edwards' TD passes included an 84-yarder to Dakota Warrington and a 69-yarder to Travis Mitchell.
Kale Harper added a 33-yard touchdown run for the Broncos (5-3, 2-3 in district). Jonah Llanusa threw two TD passes and ran for a touchdown for Choctaw (1-7, 1-4).
Standlee leads Meeker
Freshman quarterback Jake Standlee ran for 205 yards and a touchdown, and threw two TD passes as Meeker beat Mounds 42-0. Meeker threw a 61-yard scoring pass to Dallas Jackson and a 15-yarder to Nick Cagle, who also scored on a 24-yard run.
Meeker (4-4, 3-2 in District 2A-5) held Mounds to minus-25 yards rushing on 18 carries.
Minco's Mitchum has big night
Tyler Mitchum accounted for six of Minco's seven touchdowns as the Bulldogs beat Crossings Christian 48-14 in District A-3. Mitchum returned an interception 38 yards for a touchdown, scored on two runs, and had TD passes of 19 yards to Asher Baade, and 2 and 5 yards to Jacob Overton. Minco improved to 4-4 overall, 2-3 in district play. Crossings Christian is 1-6 and 0-4.
Little Axe beats Marlow late
Keith Robertson's 15-yard touchdown pass to Stevie Dye with 1:50 remaining gave Little Axe a 22-19 victory at Marlow in District 3A-1. Robertson, a sophomore, also scored on a 12-yard run and a 60-yard fumble recovery.
The victory was the Indians' first in four district games. They improved to 3-5 overall.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 51290Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 14843Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 9419Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 7710Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 7083Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 6592Rock, pop, country acts give talents and time to help Oklahoma tornado victims
- 6563Carrie Underwood donates $1 million to Red Cross for disaster relief in wake of deadly Oklahoma tornadoes