High school football: Sophomore running back Terrel Buchanan leads Union to rout of Edmond Santa Fe
Next Redskins star runs for 252 yards and three touchdowns. Union will play Jenks in Class 6A semifinals.
Photoview all 37 photos
NewsOK Related Articles
“We made some uncharacteristic mistakes and a lot of them had nothing to do with Tulsa Union but were about Santa Fe,” Wolves coach Lance Manning said. “Five turnovers against a four-time defending state champion isn't going to get it done.”
Todd's touchdown was the first of two defensive touchdowns for the Redskins.
The Wolves lost to Jenks in the same round a year ago, also at home.
Justice Hansen put up big numbers — 344 passing yards and a couple of touchdowns to go with a running touchdown. But the Wolves couldn't move the ball on the ground.
The Redskins held Santa Fe to just 28 yards rushing and Hansen gained 21 on one carry.
Trevan Smith had five catches for 187 yards and a touchdown.
“Their defense got after us up front,” Manning said. “We got in the hole that early and had to try to play catch-up from there and there really wasn't an opportunity to establish the run game.”
Edmond Santa Fe's season ends 10-2.
“It was a great season,” Manning said. “We've just got to figure out how to get over the hump of the 6A semifinals.”
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 15155OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 10481Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 7111Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 6362Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 6344Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 5951Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 4162As Boy Scouts' vote on gay members nears, faith groups weigh in