High school football: T.J. Martin, Ty Reasnor lead Cashion to victory over Minco
Martin accounts for 203 all-purpose yards, Reasnor throws for two touchdowns as Wildcats win district opener
MINCO — Cashion football coach Lynn Shackelford told T.J. Martin that he was going to lean on him during the Wildcats' game against Minco. The senior running back performed in the just the manner his coach hoped he would Friday night in a District A-3 opener at Memorial Field.
Photoview all 38 photos
NewsOK Related Articles
Martin helped Cashion to a 22-8 victory, accounting for 203 all-purpose yards and two touchdowns.
“I'm used to it, being used like this,” Martin said. “I just want the team to win.”
Shackelford was effusive in his praise of Martin and the Wildcats' offensive line.
“He's patient, sees the holes real well,” he said. “I'm sure he'll be the first to tell you he's as good as the guys up front are.”
Martin was Cashion's sole bright spot in the scoreless first half.
Quarterback Ty Reasnor hit Martin with a 74-yard pass for the game's first score, and Reasnor found wide receiver Peyton Maroney for a 38-yard touchdown pass. Shackelford said Reasnor's pass to Maroney turned the game for Cashion.
“The post he throws to put us up a score was a big-time throw,” Shackelford said. “He's what a senior quarterback ought to be.”
Reasnor completed 16 of 23 passes for 282 yards and the two touchdowns. He said the offensive line's ability to pick up Minco's blitzes and stunts helped him see down field.
“We made plays when we had to,” Reasnor said.
Shackelford said he was pleased with how the Wildcats responded in the second half and hopes to see that kind of play next Friday against Pioneer.
“We had some bad things happen to us in the first half, and we didn't panic,” Shackelford said. “We didn't let it really affect us. It's a big win.”
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 64206Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 14590Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 8849Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 6802How to help tornado victims
- 6783Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 6409Rock, pop, country acts give talents and time to help Oklahoma tornado victims
- 6168Carrie Underwood donates $1 million to Red Cross for disaster relief in wake of deadly Oklahoma tornadoes