High school football: Taylor Bilyeu pounds on Tuttle defense, leads Jones to 23-7 win
Longhorns hand No. 2-ranked Tuttle its first loss of the season
Photoview all 16 photos
NewsOK Related Articles
Jones had four offensive series in the second half, each eating more than four minutes off the clock.
Tuttle (7-1, 3-1), which had scored at least 34 points in every game this season, totaled 272 yards, but only 22 on 10 second-half snaps.
Jones was anxious to show its toughness Friday night following a disappointing loss to No. 5 Blanchard last week.
“This was a big win for the team,” Cornwell said. “We were working all week, pounding and grinding. Our bodies were sore, but we came out in a physical game and felt the momentum and played as a team. This is a really great win for this program.”
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 17205Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 9411Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 9383Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 6982Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 6824Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 6420Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister
- 6294Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit