High school football: Taylor Bilyeu pounds on Tuttle defense, leads Jones to 23-7 win
Longhorns hand No. 2-ranked Tuttle its first loss of the season
Photoview all 16 photos
NewsOK Related Articles
Jones had four offensive series in the second half, each eating more than four minutes off the clock.
Tuttle (7-1, 3-1), which had scored at least 34 points in every game this season, totaled 272 yards, but only 22 on 10 second-half snaps.
Jones was anxious to show its toughness Friday night following a disappointing loss to No. 5 Blanchard last week.
“This was a big win for the team,” Cornwell said. “We were working all week, pounding and grinding. Our bodies were sore, but we came out in a physical game and felt the momentum and played as a team. This is a really great win for this program.”
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 71664Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 31265Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 29267Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 20588Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 6679Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 6629Oklahoma City Thunder: What could Serge Ibaka learn from Hakeem Olajuwon?
- 6010Oklahoma tornadoes: Several homes damaged by tornado, but no injuries in Edmond