High school football: Top-ranked Millwood too much for Christian Heritage
Millwood simply had too many playmakers for Christian Heritage to handle on Friday night, and London Potts was the leader of them all for the Falcons.
Photoview all 29 photos
NewsOK Related Articles
The senior quarterback completed 17 of 19 passes for 249 yards and four touchdowns — three to Alfonso McMillan — as No. 1-ranked Millwood rolled to an easy 48-13 win in its District 2A-2 opener on Leodies Robinson Field.
Potts was far from the only standout for the Falcons (5-0, 1-0) as they rolled up 500 yards of offense against Christian Heritage (2-3, 1-1). McMillan caught seven passes for 142 yards and the three scores. Fellow receiver DaShawn Stephens also had seven catches, for 75 yards and a touchdown.
Cameron Batson was perhaps Millwood’s most versatile player. He had three catches for 64 yards; carried the ball twice for 30 yards; returned an interception 30 yards for a touchdown; broke up two passes; went 4-of-6 on extra-point kicks; and threw a successful 2-point conversion pass.
For good measure, running back Janari Glover carried seven times for 101 yards and a 40-yard touchdown, while Sheldon Bulock had four carries for 62 yards and a 48-yard score.
“It’s kind of what we do,” Millwood coach Tony Henry said. “We come out and see if the defense is going to let us get those short passes. If so, we’re just going to take them and go from there. … The hardest thing to do in football is come up with a consistent passing game and our guys work hard at it.”
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 15391Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 9463Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 8117Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 7214Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 6364Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister
- 6332Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 6331Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit