High school football: Tre Edwards throws for 353 yards and four TDs as Southmoore routs Carl Albert
Standing just 5-foot-9, Edwards played big in SabreCats' easy win over Class 5A power Titans
Photoview all 54 photos
NewsOK Related Articles
The pass to Martin “was one of the better throws I've seen since I've been coaching here,” said Brickman, who was an assistant on the Southmoore staff under previous head coach Chris Jensen.
Edwards capped his night with a 61-yard touchdown pass to Adams late in the third quarter. Karltrell Henderson, who had 15 carries for 90 yards to lead the SaberCats' rushing attack, later added a 27-yard scoring run.
Edwards already has received an NCAA Division I baseball scholarship offer from Arkansas, but said he would consider going the football route in college if he got some offers.
“I would love to play football, but I'm kind of realistic with my height,” he said. “If someone gave me the chance to play D-1 football, that would be great, but right now, I'm just not worried about it.”
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 21543Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 10852Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 8707Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 8666Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 8648Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 7837Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 7718Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister