High school football: Yukon in good shape for a 2-5 team
The Millers earned their second win Friday night, 35-13 over Moore to improve to 2-2 in District 6A-4, and they know the playoffs are still within reach.
NewsOK Related Articles
This Thursday, the Millers visit Midwest City, a nemesis of recent Yukon teams. Yukon finished second to the Bombers in district play the last two years, losing head-to-head both times.
After the Bombers, Yukon hosts U.S. Grant and closes the regular season at Putnam City North, possibly with the district's No. 3 playoff seed on the line.
But the Millers know they can't look past Midwest City, which is mired in a difficult season.
“We're really fired up for this game,” senior linebacker Blake Biggs said. “The seniors from the last couple years that brought us up and taught us how to work hard, they really didn't like Midwest City, so this is like a redemption game for them.”
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 12863Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 11549Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 5770Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 5166Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 4505OU softball: Sooners inspired by Casey Angle, run-rule Texas A&M
- 4325Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 3991Oklahoma City pastor will face trial in fatal shooting of son-in law