High school notebook: Ardmore's Nino Jackson puts Las Vegas rumors to rest
Ardmore basketball standout Nino Jackson spent the last couple weeks in Las Vegas working out with NBDL players, but says he currently has no plans to move there permanently.
Photoview all photos
NewsOK Related Articles
Rumors began to circulate in the Internet late last week that Jackson was considering moving to Las Vegas and playing his senior season at either Bishop Gorman or Durango High School.
Jackson returned to Oklahoma City on Saturday and made a brief appearance at the OKHoops.com basketball combine, but did not participate.
“I was out in Vegas for about two weeks working out with a couple players from the D-League,” Jackson said. “I'll be playing at Ardmore next season.”
Jackson said UNLV has been recruiting him hard the last few weeks and is among the top schools he is considering, along with Kansas, North Carolina, Oklahoma, Texas and Baylor.
EXPECTATIONS DIFFERENT FOR HARRAH
A drop down to Class 4A and an experienced offensive line helped Harrah football get back on the map again.
But one year of success is not the goal for the Panthers, said coach Greg Willis. Maintaining the success is another issue, and the No. 1 goal for the team in the fall.
“We know that people are going to be ready for us now,” Willis said. “But if we stay healthy, I don't doubt our abilities. We have a lot of potential.”
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 83533Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 16617OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 12334Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 12075Clippers' Donald Sterling hints coach let go to keep Chris Paul
- 11110Oklahoma tornado: Names of dead released; missing individuals located
- 9568Oklahoma tornadoes: Red Cross text donations not designated for Oklahoma
- 8849How to help tornado victims