High school notebook: Braden Stringer boosts Blanchard run game
Lions improve to 10-1, host Hilldale in Class 3A quarterfinals after winning first two playoff games on the road.
Ada routed Cleveland 41-7 in the quarterfinals, while Clinton pulled off a road upset, 20-10 over Cascia Hall.
The other side of the 4A bracket isn't too shabby, either. Defending 4A champ Wagoner will face last year's 3A champion Anadarko on Friday night at Langston University.
DAVIS OVERCOMES HISTORY VS. MILLWOOD
Davis and Millwood had met three times in the playoffs before last Friday night, and Millwood had won all three. That included a state championship meeting and Millwood's upset at Davis in last year's second round.
Davis finally found a way to take down the Falcons with a 42-28 win, but it certainly wasn't easy Friday.
Millwood jumped to a 22-0 lead in the second quarter, but Davis finally got its run game going.
Braden Ruth rushed for 175 yards on 12 carries with two touchdowns, and quarterback Alec Heatherington added three more scores. The Davis defense added four interceptions to stunt the Millwood offense as well.
Davis will go on the road to Adair this Friday night for a Class 2A quarterfinal meeting between undefeated teams.
By Scott Wright, Ryan Aber and Ed Godfrey
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 17743Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 11674Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 10443Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 10260OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 10191Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
- 9850Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss
- 9805Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments