High school notebook: Carl Albert's Caleb Holland gets offer from Colorado State
Carl Albert lineman Caleb Holland picked up a college football offer from Colorado State on Friday. Holland, who also has offers from Northern Arizona and Ohio, has been looked at on both sides of the ball by colleges.
Carl Albert lineman Caleb Holland picked up a college football offer from Colorado State on Friday.
Holland, who also has offers from Northern Arizona and Ohio, has been looked at on both sides of the ball by colleges. He's made trips to several schools over the past couple of months, including Oklahoma State, SMU and TCU.
Texas Tech has also begun to pursue Holland as well, and he could be taking a trip to Lubbock soon.
Carl Albert was 9-2 last season, losing in an upset at home to Ardmore in the first round of the Class 5A playoffs.
PAIR OF SEC SCHOOLS OFFER DOUGLASS' CLARK
The offer list for Douglass junior Deondre Clark just keeps getting longer and stronger, with two more Southeastern Conference teams coming on board.
LSU and Tennessee have joined the race, extending offers to the 6-foot-3, 230-pound defensive end on Friday.
Clark, the younger brother of Douglass basketball standout Stephen Clark, now has seven major-college offers, including Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Missouri, Texas Tech and Mississippi State.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 12316OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 7699Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 6657Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 6438Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 5739Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 4894Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 4675Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers