High school notebook: Casady QB T'Quan Wallace strong in relief role
T'Quan Wallace threw for 428 yards and four touchdowns to spark a big Casady victory, a 42-34 victory over Dallas Cistercian Friday night.
Photoview all 29 photos
NewsOK Related Articles
After a fourth-quarter touchdown, Harrah missed an extra point that would have tied the game. The Panthers got one more offensive opportunity, but Tecumseh forced a turnover on downs near midfield and was able to run out the clock.
“We're in the position where the playoffs started early,” George said. “We had to get this win and we have to take care of business every week.”
WAGONER'S EVITT RUNS WILD AGAIN
Every week, Lawrence Evitt seems to take his game to another level.
This week, Wagoner's junior running back rushed for 408 yards and five touchdowns in a 44-27 win over Oologah Friday.
Evitt had TD runs of 54, 73, 74 and 81 yards, increasing his season totals to 21 touchdowns and 1,671 yards.
COLLINSVILLE'S MCELROY KEYS UPSET
Needing a win to keep the chance of a home playoff berth alive, Collinsville got what it needed on the shoulders of quarterback Zane McElroy in a 28-21 upset of Coweta.
McElroy rushed for 162 yards and a touchdown, and was 9-of-15 passing for 131 yards and two scores.
“We knew we'd have to play well,” Collinsville coach Kevin Jones said. “We were able to consistently run the ball and open things up.”
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 10457Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 9286Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 5848Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 4983Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 4420Oklahoma City pastor will face trial in fatal shooting of son-in law
- 4301Oklahoma tornadoes: Price family recovering after some heavy blows
- 4216How to help tornado victims