High school notebook: Championship games set
Classes 3A, 2A, A title games will be held at Boone Pickens Stadium in Stillwater
Kingfisher and Blanchard will meet for the Class 3A state championship under the Friday night lights at Boone Pickens Stadium.
The 3A title game will kick off the weekend at 7:30 Friday in Stillwater before Saturday's doubleheader.
NewsOK Related Articles
The Class A final between Wynnewood and Ringling will kick off at 1 p.m. Saturday at Boone Pickens Stadium, with the 2A title game set for 7:30 Saturday between Oklahoma Christian and Davis.
FREDERICK EDGES VIAN FOR SCORING TITLE
Going into Friday's Class 2A semifinals, two teams — one in each game — came in having already broken the state's season scoring record.
Vian came in to Friday night's game against Davis 31 points ahead of Frederick with 821 points, 57 points ahead of the previous record set by Guthrie in 2007.
Both had their sights set on the national season scoring record of 903 set by Albemarle (N.C.) in 2001.
Neither team got the result it wanted, with Davis downing Vian, 22-0, and Frederick losing to OCS, 55-32.
Frederick was down 55-14 early in the fourth quarter but scored three late touchdowns, including on a punt return and a fumble return to get to 32.
Its point total put Frederick one point ahead of Vian for the state scoring record, 822-821.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 20415Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 7078Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 7023OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 6616OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 5593Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 4449Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 4211Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater