High school notebook: Class 7A discussion on OSSAA agenda
The top 32 schools in enrollment would be divided into 16-team classes — 7A and 6A
NewsOK Related Articles
TITLE GAMES TO BE TELEVISED LIVE
The Class A and 2A championship games will be broadcast live on Fox Sports Oklahoma Saturday, while Friday night's Class 3A final will be carried on the Cox Channel.
The 3A game between Kingfisher and Blanchard will kick off at 7:30 p.m. Friday from Boone Pickens Stadium in Stillwater. It will air on Cox channels 3 and 703, which are only available to the state's Cox Communications customers. The 3A game will also be available to watch online. The OSSAA will release the web address to the public once it is available.
Saturday's doubleheader will be available to anyone who receives Fox Sports Oklahoma. Ringling faces Wynnewood in the Class A game at 1 p.m. and Davis takes on Oklahoma Christian in the 2A final at 7:30, both in Stillwater.
CUSHING, FREDERICK PLAYERS WIN HONORS
Cushing's Gage Stallworth won the Marine Corps Elite Warrior of the Year award, the Marine Corps Recruiting Station Oklahoma City announced Monday.
Stallworth was selected from the weekly award winners to take the honor. He won in Week 2 after scoring seven touchdowns in a 48-36 win over Perry.
Also, the U.S. Air Force's 349th Recruiting Squadron announced Frederick's Trevor Flores and Jessie Webb as the U.S. Air Force Precision Air Strike of the Year for Oklahoma.
Flores completed 71 percent of his passes for 3,755 yards and 46 touchdowns with just four interceptions while Webb had 1,202 yards and 14 touchdowns receiving.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 101218Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15357OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 13402Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 8724Line of storms brings flash floods to Oklahoma City area
- 8110How to help tornado victims
- 8098Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation
- 8041Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort