High school notebook: Community meeting planned on Taft Stadium renovation
The meeting will be held at 6 p.m. Tuesday at the Northwest Classen High School auditorium.
Photoview all photos
NewsOK Related Articles
The six soccer teams from the Putnam City district are combining efforts for the fourth annual United Against Cancer Soccer Classic on Feb. 25-26 at Putnam City Stadium.
The six-game event will raise money for cancer research at the Oklahoma Medical Research Foundation. The teams have raised more than $21,000 in the event's first three years.
Admission is $5. Elementary and middle school students wearing their school shirts will be admitted free.
Putnam City and Edmond Santa Fe kick off the boys night Feb. 25, followed by Putnam City West vs. Bethany at 6:15 p.m. and Putnam City North vs. Westmoore at 7:30 p.m.
The next time, the same teams will play at the same times in the girls games.
The games will be played with 30 minute halves and a five-minute halftime.
CORNWELL, PARKER ADD OFFERS
Norman North quarterback David Cornwell and Jenks safety Steven Parker had an eventful close to the week, adding offers to their growing lists.
Cornwell, No. 5 on The Oklahoman's Super 30 list of the state's top 2014 recruits, added an offer from Kansas.
It's the second Big 12 offer for Cornwell, who received an offer from Oklahoma State earlier in the week.
Cornwell also received another offer from Auburn. He had received an offer from the Gene Chizik's staff at Auburn before Chizik was fired and replaced by Gus Malzahn.
Parker, No. 2 on the Super 30, picked up his first Big 10 offer, from Nebraska.
Parker already had offers from Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Alabama and Tulsa.
Bixby offensive lineman Chandler Miller received his first offer recently, from Tulsa.
By Scott Wright and Ryan Aber
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 96583Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 17286OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 13078Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 8797Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation
- 8670Line of storms brings flash floods to Oklahoma City area
- 8388How to help tornado victims
- 7627Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort