High school notebook: Deer Creek's Dillon Noble stays perfect
Videoview all videos
Sep 26Super Five Player of the Year had spent the last month at...
Sep 25Ryan Aber and Scott Wright talk week 5 Class 5A high...
Photoview all photos
NewsOK Related Articles
Dibble was one of the bigger football surprises last season, going 8-5 and reaching the Class A quarterfinals. While the move up to 2A seemed daunting, the Demons got off to a good start last week, coming from behind to win their district opener against Luther, 32-26.
With a 3-1 record, Dibble will try to win its fourth straight game with a road test at Northeast Thursday night.
The winless Vikings will have the task of trying to stop Dibble junior Tazden Jevons, a fast and powerful running back who is averaging better than 10 yards per carry this season.
Jevons has 722 yards and 15 touchdowns on just 70 carries, while contributing 37 tackles and two interceptions on defense. His TD total is among the best in the state in any class.
MOUNT ST. MARY'S ANTHONY STRONG IN DEFEAT
Mount St. Mary (2-2) will try to get back on the winning track this week after suffering a tough loss at Bridge Creek last Friday.
The Rockets return home, where they are 2-0 on the year, to host Marlow (2-2).
Mount St. Mary will again be counting on the production of Mikee Anthony, who rushed for 235 yards and produced five touchdowns — four on the ground and one through the air — last week as the Rockets tried to come from behind.
PIEDMONT'S CHISM EARNS NATIONAL HONORS
Piedmont's Jordan Chism was named the MaxPreps/National Fastpitch Coaches Association's High School Player of the Week.
Chism was 14 for 18 at the plate during the week, with five doubles, three home runs and 16 RBIs during a 6-1 stretch.
She was 3 for 4 with a home run and a pair of RBIs in a 6-5 win over Weatherford, 3 for 3 in an 11-2 win over Noble and drove in five in a 13-0 win over Lawton Eisenhower.
Chism is hitting .556 going into this week, with 48 RBIs.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 12458Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 11436Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 6211Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 5407Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 4993Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 4408OU softball: Sooners inspired by Casey Angle, run-rule Texas A&M
- 3817Oklahoma City pastor will face trial in fatal shooting of son-in law