High school notebook: Douglass' Chavez Wyatt, Fort Gibson's Jake Gandara commit to Central Oklahoma
Central Oklahoma continues to grab top in-state talent, most recently loading up its backfield with a pair of Class 4A standouts. Douglass' Chavez Wyatt and Fort Gibson's Jake Gandara verbally committed to UCO last week.
Photoview all photos
NewsOK Related Articles
Tulsa NOAH guard Allonzo Trier had quite a week.
Video of the sophomore's slam dunk was No. 3 on ESPN SportsCenter's Top Plays Thursday night, and he followed it up by scoring 64 points in an 88-84 overtime win over Bartlesville Saturday night.
Trier had only six points after the first quarter, but helped NOAH come back to tie the game, then win in overtime.
Boyland takes over Westmoore volleyball
Westmoore has hired Jeff Boyland as its volleyball coach.
Boyland is currently the assistant director of recreation services at the University of Central Oklahoma and will continue with those duties in addition to serving as the Jaguars' coach.
Boyland previously served as UCO's head volleyball coach from 2003-2011 compiling a 192-104 record. His teams twice qualified for the NCAA Division II national tournament and won a pair of Lone Star Conference North Division titles.
Boyland replaces Heather Ruiz.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 14589OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 8609Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 6402Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 6393Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 6018Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 5816Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 4098As Boy Scouts' vote on gay members nears, faith groups weigh in