High school notebook: Douglass' Chavez Wyatt, Fort Gibson's Jake Gandara commit to Central Oklahoma
Central Oklahoma continues to grab top in-state talent, most recently loading up its backfield with a pair of Class 4A standouts. Douglass' Chavez Wyatt and Fort Gibson's Jake Gandara verbally committed to UCO last week.
Central Oklahoma continues to grab top in-state talent, most recently loading up its backfield with a pair of Class 4A standouts.
Douglass' Chavez Wyatt and Fort Gibson's Jake Gandara verbally committed to UCO last week.
Photoview all photos
NewsOK Related Articles
Wyatt rushed for 1,211 yards and 10 touchdowns on just 125 carries, while sharing running back duties with Navy commit Chris High.
Gandara accounted for 2,234 yards and 30 touchdowns on 243 attempts. Both players averaged better than nine yards per carry.
Millwood product Pierson a freshman All-American
Former Millwood standout Davion Pierson was named second-team Freshman All-American by CollegeFootballNews.com after his rookie season at TCU.
Pierson, who redshirted last year, was one of three TCU players on the first and second teams.
Pierson, 6-foot-2, 305 pounds, finished the year with 27 tackles, 2.5 sacks and a fumble recovery. His six tackles for loss was fourth on the team.
Heritage Hall product Sterling Shepard was named an honorable mention selection on the offense after his true freshman season at Oklahoma.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 10457Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 9286Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 5848Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 4983Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 4420Oklahoma City pastor will face trial in fatal shooting of son-in law
- 4301Oklahoma tornadoes: Price family recovering after some heavy blows
- 4216How to help tornado victims