High school notebook: Douglass' Dorrian Williams sticks with Missouri State
Douglass standout Dorrian Williams asked for the release from his letter of intent at Missouri State, but never finalized the paperwork, deciding that the Springfield school was still his best fit.
Photoview all photos
NewsOK Related Articles
Williams signed with the Bears in November, but considered reopening his recruitment after coach Cuonzo Martin left for Tennessee last month. New MSU coach Paul Lusk came to Oklahoma City to meet with Williams shortly after getting the job.
Williams averaged 12.4 points, 3.6 rebounds and 2.7 steals as a senior. He was a key player for the Trojans all four years of his high school career, helping them to back-to-back state titles the last two seasons.
MCGUINNESS' KRAHL WINS AT TROSPER
Bishop McGuinness golfer David Krahl fired a 71 Tuesday at Trosper to win the closely contested Del City Invitational by one stroke over Cullen Stahl of Lawton Eisenhower.
In all, 12 golfers were within five strokes of Krahl's winning score.
With a team score of 304, Ada took the team title, three strokes ahead of Choctaw.
TRANCKINO HELPING MEMORIAL SURGE
At the end of March, the Edmond Memorial baseball team was 2-11 and in the middle of a six-game losing streak. The Bulldogs are 14-3 since and have gone from being unranked to No. 17 in Class 6A. One big reason has been the return of Wes Tranckino. He missed 11 games because he had four impacted wisdom teeth removed. He also fractured three bones in his face after a bad hop March 21. Tranckino began playing again during the Bulldogs' win in the Mayor's Cup against Southmoore that secured the Cup for Edmond. Edmond Memorial is looking for its best win of the season against eighth-ranked Yukon on Saturday.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 20729Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 17578Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 11978Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
- 10703Rx drug bills sent to Oklahoma governor
- 8989Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss
- 8551Tulsa man tells police he smashed woman's head in self-defense
- 8339Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments