High school notebook: Edmond Memorial's Lucas Gerdes busy after big win
After beating Mustang on Friday night, Lucas Gerdes hit the road to attend the Texas Tech-Oklahoma game. Also there was Khari Harding, who received a scholarship offer from the Red Raiders on Saturday.
It's been a whirlwind weekend so far for Edmond Memorial senior left tackle Lucas Gerdes.
Friday, his Bulldogs stunned Mustang 41-13 in an upset only Gerdes and his teammates could've predicted happening. It was Edmond Memorial's first win of the season.
Photoview all 25 photos
NewsOK Related Articles
Then Saturday morning at 6 a.m., he and his father, Bob, left for Texas Tech's home game against Oklahoma for an unofficial visit.
“We had nothing to lose, so we just told ourselves all week to fly around and have great practices,” Gerdes said. “We knew we could do it.”
Gerdes doesn't have any scholarship offers yet, but took an unofficial visit to Oklahoma State last weekend.
Texas Tech offers Santa Fe's Harding
Texas Tech became the most recent program to extend an offer to Edmond Santa Fe safety Khari Harding. The Red Raiders' offer came Saturday during Harding's visit to the team's game against Oklahoma. Tech is targeting the 6-foot-1, 205-pound Harding as a linebacker prospect.
Harding has been committed to Arkansas since June, but has remained busy on the recruiting path. Washington State recently extended an offer, and several other programs have remained in contact with him. He visited Oklahoma State for last week's game against Texas, though the Cowboys have not made an offer.
Harding, No. 6 on The Oklahoman's Super 30 recruit rankings, has 50 tackles and three interceptions through six games this season.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 38644Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15211Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 9740Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 9154Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 8873Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 7777Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 7381Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister