High school notebook: Jenks' Jessica Washington named McDonald's All-American
Washington is one of three North Carolina signees to participate in All-America games. She joins Midwest City's Richa Jackson (2010) and Sapulpa's Alyssia Brewer (2008) and Earnesia Williams (2005) in earning McDonald's All-American honors.
Jenks point guard Jessica Washington was named to the McDonald's All-American Game on Thursday, the fourth girls player from the state to earn the honor.
Photoview all photos
NewsOK Related Articles
Washington, a North Carolina signee, was one of 24 girls players from across the country to earn the honors and one of three Tar Heels' signees to make the teams.
The games will be played April 3 at the United Center in Chicago.
Washington joins Midwest City's Richa Jackson (2010) and Sapulpa's Alyssia Brewer (2008) and Earnesia Williams (2005) in earning McDonald's All-American honors.
On the boys side, the state did not have a player selected for the fourth consecutive season.
Putnam City's Xavier Henry was the last Oklahoma player to be named to the boys team in 2009.
NFHS HONORS STATE COACHES
The NFHS Coaches Association has an advisory committee composed of a chair and eight sectional representatives. The sectional representatives evaluate the state award recipients and select the best candidates for their sectional award in each sport category. The NFHS Coaches Association Advisory Committee then considers the sectional candidates in each sport, ranks them according to a point system and determines a national winner for each of the 20 sport categories, the spirit category and one other category.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 36901Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 36295Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 32626Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 8549Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 5487OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 4132Oklahoma City Thunder: What could Serge Ibaka learn from Hakeem Olajuwon?
- 4021Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad