High school notebook: Jonathan Denney, Gavin LaValley earn All-America honors
Yukon catcher Jonathan Denney and Carl Albert first baseman Gavin LaValley are among four state players who were recently named Louisville Slugger Preseason High School All-Americans.
Videoview all videos
Feb 19Ryan Aber talks with the former OSU star about his new job.
Photoview all photos
NewsOK Related Articles
Denney and LaValley were joined by Broken Arrow pitcher Trey Cobb and Owasso shortstop Andrew Rosa.
LaValley is the fourth Titans player in recent years to earn preseason All-America honors, joining J.T. Realmuto, Taylor Hawkins and Alex Polston.
Four state players made the honorable mention list — Jenks' Thomas Hatch and Trey Michalczewski, Owasso's Jeb Bargfeldt and Sterling's Dillon White.
BEARD, DOLAN SHOOTING FOR FOURTH TITLE
A dozen high school wrestlers will be seeking to repeat as champions when the state wrestling tournament begins Friday at State Fair Arena.
Seniors Zachary Beard of Tuttle and Davey Dolan of Berryhill will be trying to become four-time state champs.
Seniors Keilan Torres of Altus and Jon Townsend of Comanche will be looking to become three-time champs, as will junior Gary Wayne Harding of Collinsville.
Also seeking to become two-time champs will be seniors Jacoby Brown of Chickasha and Gunner Laffoon of Tuttle; juniors Cole Pacheco of Deer Creek, Braden Ruth of Davis and Nathan Marek of Southmoore; and sophomores Joe Smith of Stillwater and Marcus Simmons of Broken Arrow.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 13429Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 13120OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 10230Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 8771Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss
- 7569Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 5530Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 5367Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?