High school notebook: Mustang's Emily Helms break record in win
Emily Helms of Mustang not only repeated as the 6A state cross country champion Saturday, she shattered the course record at Edmond Santa Fe High School by 17 seconds.
Photoview all photos
NewsOK Related Articles
The Antlers also won state cross country titles in 2006 and 2007.
CHA SEALS PLAYOFF SPOT IN MERRELL'S RETURN
With its head coach back on the sideline after a one-week absence, Christian Heritage took care of business in a 21-6 win over Crooked Oak Friday night.
Coach John Merrell missed the previous game to be with his daughter, who recently learned she had cancer.
The CHA defense gave up only 185 total yards in the win to lock up the No. 3 playoff seed in District 2A-2.
Quarterback Colton Lindsey has been one of the top passers in Class 2A, with more than 1,400 yards and 14 touchdowns.
YUKON, NORTHWEST WIN ROWING TITLES
OKC RIVERSPORT's SandRidge Energy Youth League crowned champions in high school rowing and paddle sports Saturday on the Oklahoma River. Yukon High School won the overall point in paddling, while Northwest Classen finished first in the rowing regatta. Each school was awarded the SandRidge Cup in their respective sports.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 21543Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 10852Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 8707Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 8666Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 8648Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 7837Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 7718Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister