High school notebook: OSSAA releases average attendance numbers
Del City is the largest school in Class 5A. Piedmont will move up from 4A to 5A for basketball.
Del City basketball coaches must've been rejoicing on Thursday, when the Oklahoma Secondary School Activities Association released the Average Daily Membership numbers that will be used to set the classes for most high school sports in the 2012-13 school year.
NewsOK Related Articles
Del City is the largest school in Class 5A, ranking 33rd-largest in the state, with an average attendance of 1,254.20. Tulsa Hale moved into the top 32 schools and will jump from 5A to 6A, swapping spots with Tulsa Edison.
Piedmont moved up from 4A to 5A for basketball and other sports that reclassify yearly, switching with Tulsa Central.
Broken Arrow remains the largest school in the state with an average attendance of 4,588.21, while Tulsa Union is second with 4,237.14.
Mustang is fifth overall, and the largest school on the west side of the state at 2,473.48.
Sports that use a two-year district rotation, like football, are not impacted by the current numbers, having used last year's ADM to set districts for the coming season, as well as the 2013-14.
Official classes for the sports that reclassify yearly will be determined next week during the Oklahoma Coaches Association clinic in Tulsa.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 19883Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 16750Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 12000Rx drug bills sent to Oklahoma governor
- 11023Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
- 8434Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss
- 8422Tulsa man tells police he smashed woman's head with machete in self-defense
- 7521Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments