High school notebook: Toby Keith's son one of four state players in Eastbay Youth All-American Bowl
Norman North defensive lineman Stelen Covel, the son of country music star Toby Keith, included on roster
Norman North sophomore defensive lineman Stelen Covel, the son of country music star Toby Keith, was one of four state players selected for the 2013 Eastbay Youth All-American Bowl.
Photoview all 50 photos
NewsOK Related Articles
The fifth annual game will be played Jan. 6 at the Alamodome in San Antonio.
The other players selected were Heritage Hall lineman Luther Harris and running back/linebacker Terrel Love and Jenks linebacker Austin Quillen. All three are freshmen.
The four will play for the USA Under-15 team against a team from Canada. The team is coached by former Oklahoma assistant David White.
The four will be presented with their jerseys Saturday at Keith's restaurant in Bricktown during halftime of the Oklahoma-Iowa State game.
DOUGLASS' HARRIS COMMITS
Douglass defensive back Terry Harris verbally committed to Morgan State, an FCS program in Baltimore. Harris received an offer from the school about a month ago and gave his commitment Wednesday.
Harris, a 5-foot-9, 170-pound safety, has been a three-year starter for the Trojans. This year, he has 49 tackles and two interceptions, and also plays fullback.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 28347Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 17448Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 7187OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 5906Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 5536OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 4738Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 3702Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater