High school notebook: West 6A quarterfinals to kick off at 7 p.m.
Edmond Santa Fe, Norman North get permission to change start times from OSSAA.
A pair of junior quarterbacks from the Oklahoma City area were named to the Rivals 250 watch list for the 2014 class Monday.
Edmond Santa Fe's Justice Hansen and Jones' David Cornwell were two of six Oklahomans on the list.
Hansen (6-foot-3, 200 pounds) has thrown for 2,713 yards and 34 touchdowns and ran for 723 yards and 13 scores heading into Friday's second-round playoff game against Tulsa Union.
Cornwell (6-5, 215) has thrown for 2,236 yards and 26 touchdowns. The Longhorns will host Heritage Hall on Friday.
Other state players who made the list include Douglass defensive end Deondre Clark, Jenks defensive back Steven Parker, and Broken Arrow linebacker Gyasi Akem and running back Devon Thomas.
PASSING SHOWDOWN SET IN 2A
The ball will be in the air a lot Friday when Lindsay visits Oklahoma Christian for a Class 2A quarterfinal.
Lindsay (8-3) comes in with one of the top passers in the class, sophomore Jake Standridge, who could surpass the 2,000-yard mark Friday night.
But Austin Brooks has reached that plateau already. The OCS senior has thrown for 2,449 yards with 39 touchdowns and just seven interceptions, completing 137 of 203 (67.5 percent) pass attempts.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 34808Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 28627Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 6992Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 6680OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 4639Tornadoes hit Kan., Okla.; no injuries reported
- 3921OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 3855Student shot dead during botched home invasion