High school notebook: West 6A quarterfinals to kick off at 7 p.m.
Edmond Santa Fe, Norman North get permission to change start times from OSSAA.
The Class 6A quarterfinal football games hosted by Edmond Santa Fe and Norman North will kick off at 7 p.m. Friday.
The schools received permission from the Oklahoma Secondary School Activities Association to move up kickoff times to keep in line with their start times throughout the year.
Edmond Santa Fe will host Tulsa Union at Central Oklahoma's Wantland Stadium, while Broken Arrow will visit Norman North at Harve Collins Field.
The Class 6A teams in the Oklahoma City area have chosen to kick off all home games at 7 p.m. over the last two seasons, and teams in the Oklahoma City Public Schools system have recently adopted the idea, which is becoming more popular.
EVANS TALKS TO OU'S KISH ONCE A WEEK
Norman North senior linebacker Jordan Evans took the weekend off.
In Friday's 21-6, first-round playoff win over Southmoore, Evans scored two touchdowns, which came on an 11-yard run and an 84-yard kickoff return.
Evans, who has seven scholarship offers from Division I football programs — Air Force, Arkansas State, Colorado State, Memphis, Navy, New Mexico and Ohio — didn't take any visits Saturday.
“I'm gonna catch up on some homework and get some rest,” Evans said.
Evans (6-foot-3, 205 pounds) said he talks to Oklahoma linebackers coach Tim Kish about once a week.
“It seems like they do have true interest, and they're steadily watching me throughout the season,” Evans said of the Sooners.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 22176Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 12149Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 10702Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 8951Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 8805Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 8651Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 8107Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister