High school notebook: Westmoore knocks off Del City to continue hot start
BOYS BASKETBALL — Westmoore is 5-1 and defeated Class 5A's No. 1 team on Saturday night. Trey Ayala led the Jaguars with 18 points.
Photoview all photos
NewsOK Related Articles
The boys' first round begins at 10:30 a.m. with Tulsa Union vs. Caddo, and concludes with Vinita vs. Forgan at 8:30 p.m.
The girls' first-round games include Tulsa East Central vs. Adair at 9 a.m., Jenks vs. Vinita at noon, Kansas vs. Tulsa Washington at 4 p.m. and Fort Gibson vs. Copan at 7 p.m.
DALE SEEKING RETURN TO STATE TOURNAMENT
After reaching the state tournament two seasons ago with a lineup full of seniors, Dale has reloaded and is looking to make a run back to the Big House.
Off to a solid 6-3 start against a challenging schedule, the Pirates look to be on the right track so far. Dale, ranked No. 10 in Class 2A, downed Christian Heritage 41-24 Friday night, thanks to a 20-7 run in the fourth quarter.
Dale was without 6-foot-5 junior Evan Anderson because of injury but got 14 points from Dustin Stark, and Daniel Banks added 13.
Anderson and Banks, a 6-foot-4 senior, give the Pirates a good height advantage against many Class 2A opponents.
“That's what we hang our hat on. Our two posts are gonna carry us,” coach Jeff Edmonson said. “Our guards are kind of young, but they're gonna be good by the time we get to playoffs.
“We've set the bar pretty high. We're thinking state tournament or we're gonna be disappointed.”
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 94547Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 17200OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 12970Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 8745Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation
- 8636Line of storms brings flash floods to Oklahoma City area
- 8239How to help tornado victims
- 7488Oklahoma tornadoes: Red Cross text donations not designated for Oklahoma