High school roundup: Deer Creek downs Shawnee
Brennan Miyake's four touchdown runs helped Class 5A No. 4 Deer Creek beat Shawnee 42-6. Miyake had TDs of 1, 3, 8 and 6 yards.
Brennan Miyake's four touchdown runs helped Class 5A No. 4 Deer Creek beat Shawnee 42-6.
Miyake had TDs of 1, 3, 8 and 6 yards. Quarterback Joel Blumenthal added a 42-yard touchdown pass to Alec James and scored on a 1-yard run.
NewsOK Related Articles
Class 3A No. 1 Kingfisher used the running of Landon Nault and Grant Newton to defeat Chandler 31-0.
Nault had 119 yards and a TD on 18 carries, and caught a scoring pass. Newton, the quarterback, ran for 103 yards and a TD and threw for two others.
The Yellowjackets held Chandler to 84 total yards, including zero rushing on 28 carries.
Christian Heritage wins in OT
Christian Heritage scored twice in the fourth quarter, the final time with just 1:11 remaining to force overtime, then got a 10-yard touchdown run by Colton Lindsey to beat Mount St. Mary 20-14.
Late in regulation, Jacob Blair caught a 3-yard pass from Lindsey, who then ran for the 2-point conversion to tie the score at 14. Lindsey had scored Christian Heritage's first TD on a 5-yard run.
Mikey Anthony scored both St. Mary touchdowns, on first-half runs of 29 and 7 yards. In overtime, the Rockets' fourth-down pass got intercepted.
Harjo, Chancellor lead McGuinness
Will Harjo came off the bench and threw three touchdown passes to Cody Chancellor, helping lead Class 5A No. 8 Bishop McGuinness to a 34-10 victory over Tulsa Kelley.
Harjo took over after Jacob Lewis suffered a leg injury in the first quarter. His TD passes, all in the second half, covered 6, 28 and 18 yards and broke open a tight game.
McGuinness had taken a 13-0 lead on short touchdown runs by Danny Krenger and Nick Jeffries before Kelley blocked a punt that Daniel Evans returned 30 yards for a score, and Josiah Siddicki kicked a 36-yard field goal to make it 13-10 at halftime.
Harjo was 17 of 25 for 223 yards.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 24523Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15852Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 10645Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 9696Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 9156Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 8753Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister
- 8578Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena