High school softball: Oologah, Piedmont to resume 4A title game Monday
Oologah-Talala scored three runs in the bottom of the first to lead Piedmont 3-0 in the Class 4A state championship game before play was halted in the bottom of the fourth inning due to the weather. The game resumes Monday at 2 p.m. at ASA Hall of Fame Stadium.
Alex Edinger led off the bottom of the first with a triple. Jayci Wang drew a walk and Taylor McElhaney reached after being hit by a pitch.
Piedmont starting pitcher Kassidy Scott was pulled after loading the bases and ended her day allowing the three runs on the one hit. Reliever Jamie Lowrie allowed a bases clearing double by Hunter Jeffs before retiring three straight batters.
Lowrie settled in, allowing just the two hits in three innings pitched. She gave up a single to Randye Sharp in the third and then retired five straight before the suspension.
Jeffs mastered her way through the first four innings, holding Piedmont to just two hits – a leadoff single from Emma Nelson and a single to Brittany White in the third. Jeffs registered six strikeouts before play was halted.
The Class 5A title game between Grove and Chickasha is set to start Monday at 4:30 p.m., with the 6A championship between Moore and Edmond North scheduled for 7 p.m.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 17205Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 9411Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 9383Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 6982Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 6824Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 6420Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister
- 6294Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit