High school softball players to watch: Edmond North's Sheridan Bond, Mustang's Jayden Chestnut among standouts
Edmond North's Sheridan Bond hit .417 last season. Mustang pitcher Jayden Chestnut, an Oklahoma commit, was 22-3-2 as a freshman.
Here are some high school softball players to watch for the fall season:
Sheridan Bond, Edmond North
Bond hit .417 with 24 RBIs and 48 runs scored as a sophomore last year.
Photoview all photos
NewsOK Related Articles
Jayden Chestnut, Mustang
The sophomore pitcher, who committed to OU earlier this month, was 22-3-2 with a 1.95 ERA, 151 strikeouts and 49 walks in 213 innings as a freshman.
Andee Frazier, Little Axe
Frazier was 24-2 with a 0.81 ERA and 255 strikeouts in 172 innings as a junior.
Caleigh Clifton, Wayne
Clifton, a sophomore, hit .594 with 28 RBIs and 61 runs scored last season as a freshman.
Breezy McComas, Edmond Santa Fe
McComas hit .405 with 28 RBIs and 40 runs scored as a junior.
Kortney Meat, Kingfisher
Meat, in her fourth season as a starter, hit .429 with 33 RBIs and 26 runs last season.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 22176Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 12149Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 10702Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 8951Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 8805Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 8651Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 8107Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister