High School swimmers to watch
Class 6A boys
Naresh Naik, Edmond Memorial: Naik won the 100 freestyle last season and finished third in the 200 IM.
NewsOK Related Articles
Justin Wu, Norman North: In the All-State Preview early in the season, swam below Eastman Holloway's state record in the 200 freestyle after winning the 100 backstroke at state last season.
Class 6A girls
Avery Niemann, Heritage Hall: As a freshman last season, Niemann won the 200 freestyle and finished second in the 100 backstroke.
Ally Robertson, Edmond North: Won the 200 IM by nearly three seconds as a freshman last season. She also finished second in the 100 backstroke and helped the Huskies win a pair of relays.
Class 5A boys
Preston Selby, Harding Charter Prep: Selby won the 200 freestyle and 100 freestyle at last year's state meet.
Mason York, Kingfisher: York won the 100 breast stroke by more than four seconds and also won the 200 IM last season.
Class 5A girls
Jessi Hildebrand, Newcastle: Hildebrand was last season's All-City Swimmer of the Year, winning the 500 freestyle by 40-plus seconds. She also won the 100 butterfly.
Kasey Rein, Piedmont: Rein won the 200 IM and the 100 backstroke at last season's state meet.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 24523Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15852Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 10645Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 9696Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 9156Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 8753Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister
- 8578Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena