High schools: Breaking down the Class 6A rankings
For the second consecutive season, Owasso upset Tulsa Union. That threw the rankings for Class 6A into chaos. Ryan Aber examines this week's rankings.
NewsOK Related Articles
5. Owasso (1-2): Technically winless going into last week (the Rams were up 28-0 on Muskogee before lightning canceled the game and the Roughers wouldn't call it a final), Owasso fell to both BA and Jenks but toppled Union.
6. Tulsa Union (2-2): The Redskins are really behind the eight-ball in their district with the loss. Their other loss came to Euless (Texas) Trinity.
7. Edmond Santa Fe (3-1): Lost to Edmond North, beat Southmoore. Defense is a concern after giving up a combined 128 points thus far.
8. Westmoore (3-1): Lost to Southmoore in double overtime, beat Norman North. Hard to leave SaberCats out and will re-evaluate next week. But Jags have bounced back strong after the setback.
9. Norman North (3-1): Hammered Midwest City on Friday to bounce back from loss to Westmoore. Wins over Norman and Del City look stronger and stronger the last two weeks.
10. Sand Springs (4-0): Are the Sandites good or the beneficiaries of a favorable schedule to this point? Biggest wins are against Tulsa Washington, whose two wins came against sub-6A competition, and Sapulpa, who is 3-1 but also hasn't played a very tough schedule. Schedule continues to be favorable; Sand Springs will not play Tulsa Union until Oct. 12 and Owasso on Oct. 26.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 19883Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 16750Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 12000Rx drug bills sent to Oklahoma governor
- 11023Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
- 8434Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss
- 8422Tulsa man tells police he smashed woman's head with machete in self-defense
- 7521Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments