High schools: Del City changes defense, beats Lawton MacArthur
Assistant coach Ricky Oliver suggested the switch, and it paid off for the Eagles, who beat Class 5A state runner-up
Photoview all photos
NewsOK Related Articles
“He is a special athlete,” Cardin said. “People are going to start hearing about him.”
McLoud's combined record the previous two seasons was 1-19.
“We have taken our lumps the last two years,” Cardin said. “But we knew we were going to get better as the season went on when we got everybody back healthy.”
McLoud began this season with four starters sidelined with injuries (tight ends Kyle Abbott and Tyler York, receiver Will Olds and tackle Aaron Smith.)
All have returned to the lineup, but York was injured again Friday night and will be lost for the season after suffering a broken ankle, Cardin said.
CLASS 2A NO. 2 VIAN FEATURED FRIDAY ON NEWSOK
Class 2A No. 2 Vian's game Friday against Antlers will be broadcast on NewsOK.com/Varsity.
Vian (4-0) features lineman Rob Boyd, the No. 3 player on The Oklahoman's Super 30 list of the state's top recruits.
Boyd (6-foot-4, 285 pounds) is committed to Tulsa.
Vian has beaten its opponents by a combined 242-13, scoring 55 or more points in each game. Antlers is 0-4.
CHA, HERITAGE HALL MEET IN VOLLEYBALL SHOWDOWN
As the regular season nears its end, two of Class 5A's top teams will meet in what could be a state tournament preview.
Fourth-ranked Christian Heritage (25-6) will host No. 1 Heritage Hall (20-2) Tuesday night in a match CHA has termed “The Event, Round 2.” Last year's inaugural version of The Event, played against Oklahoma Bible, drew more than 600 fans for the match.
Heritage Hall has held the No. 1 ranking most of the season, with its only losses coming against two of Class 6A's top three teams, Edmond North and Edmond Memorial.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 36375Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 32316Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 24292Oklahoma tornado levels homes in trailer park
- 8069Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 6178OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 3621College football: Coaches, athletes weigh in on NCAA's suspended recruiting proposals
- 3359Oklahoma City Thunder: What could Serge Ibaka learn from Hakeem Olajuwon?