High schools: Guthrie favored to trim Deer Creek in battle of 5A unbeatens
Guthrie has played in plenty of big games — plus, it hosts the Antlers at “The Rock”
Photoview all photos
NewsOK Related Articles
Cashion has owned this series of late, winning in each of the last four years after moving up from eight-man. The game hasn't been decided by less than two touchdowns since the 2008 meeting. So far this season, Crescent has been the more dominant team and it breaks through to end the streak by the skin of its teeth.
Class 4A No. 2 Cascia Hall (7-0) at No. 8 Fort Gibson (7-0)
Plot: No. 2-ranked Cascia Hall has already beaten No. 7 Sallisaw, 42-17 on Sept. 28. So now, No. 8 Fort Gibson appears to be the biggest roadblock into extending its state-best district winning streak into next season. The Commandos have won 50 consecutive district games dating back to Sept. 23, 2005. Fort Gibson has already continued its trend of improving every year since going winless in 2007.
Starring: Both teams start their offense with the ground game, led by Fort Gibson's Jake Gandara with 1,150 yards and 16 touchdowns. Cascia Hall's Abrm McQuarters has 1,081 yards and 14 touchdowns.
The pick: Cascia Hall 35, Fort Gibson 26
Cascia Hall, like fellow 2011 Class 3A finalist Anadarko, has shown little effects from moving up a class this season. The Commandos proved against Sallisaw that they belonged among 4A's elite and will continue that Thursday. Fort Gibson has its best team since the Teddy Lehman era, but the Tigers don't quite have enough to snap Cascia Hall's district streak.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 81615Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 14276Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 8057Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 7469Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort
- 7367How to help tornado victims
- 6230Rock, pop, country acts give talents and time to help Oklahoma tornado victims
- 5754Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'