High schools: Leedey's Drew Ward leaning toward entering MLB Draft
Ward said he is still interested in going to college. But if he can graduate early, he is likely headed for pro baseball.
Photoview all photos
NewsOK Related Articles
Junior quarterback Joseph Wood, who missed last season with a torn ACL, has been the biggest key to the turnaround. He was 18-of-28 for 289 yards Friday, throwing for a touchdown and rushing for two more.
“He's been a huge difference for us,” Cardin said. “He's a special athlete and he's making plays.”
This week, McLoud hosts Mannford, which snapped its winless streak with a 14-7 win over Harrah on Friday. One more win would virtually assure a playoff spot.
PAULS VALLEY HOT IN DISTRICT
After starting the season 0-3, Pauls Valley is now 3-3 but more importantly, 3-0 in District 3A-4.
The Panthers' 10-7 win over Lone Grove on Friday night puts them atop of the district standings with Madill as the only unbeaten teams.
“We are thrilled where we are sitting right now,” Pauls Valley coach John Inman said.
Changing the defensive scheme has been the biggest reason for Pauls Valley's resurgence, he said.
Pauls Valley started the season using only three down lineman but has gone to a 4-2 alignment.
“We have played much better since,” Inman said. “It fits our personnel a lot better. We are not incredibly big up front. We were a little undersized and that fourth body has helped us.”
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 33223Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15512Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 9978Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 9860Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 9472Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 8063Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 8003Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister