High schools: Moore blanks Jenks, Jennifer White returns to state tournament with Tuttle
Piedmont hits four homers, including grand slam from Jordan Chism, in slugfest win over Newcastle
Photoview all 13 photos
NewsOK Related Articles
“Coach Bates gets these girls so prepared,” White said. “Jeremy has done an awesome job running the offense. Really, I just stand over there and say, ‘Good job.'”
WILDCATS BELT FOUR HOME RUNS
Piedmont downed Newcastle 17-12 in a slugfest in the first round of 4A state tournament.
Piedmont third baseman Jordan Chism hit two home runs, including a grand slam in the third inning, and had seven RBIs.
Second baseman Bre Davis hit a three-run homer in the first and had three hits for Piedmont.
Pitcher Kassidy Scott went 4-for-5 with a solo homer and three singles for the Wildcats.
Lindsay Pittman homered in a losing effort for Newcastle.
BIG DAY FOR WAGGONER
Carl Albert's Krista Waggoner homered, doubled, singled twice and reached base five times in the Titans' 10-2 win over Collinsville in Class 5A.
YUKON ADVANCES BEHIND ELLIS' SHUTOUT
Senior hurler Maddy Ellis struck out 12 and scattered seven hits as Yukon defeated Sand Springs, 2-0.
“One of the best outings of my season,” Ellis said. ‘I just felt like I was really into it.”
Yukon, which won the state title in 2010, got RBI singles from Ashley Faison and Blaire Walker in the game.
Brianna Matthews and Paige Crawford both doubled and scored in the game.
“(Ellis) threw really well,” Yukon coach Heather Shanahan said. “She finished really strong. She is a great competitor.”
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 19883Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 16750Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 12000Rx drug bills sent to Oklahoma governor
- 11023Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
- 8434Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss
- 8422Tulsa man tells police he smashed woman's head with machete in self-defense
- 7521Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments