H: ° L: °,
High schools: Mustang hopeful Cory Irwins returns this week
Linebacker has missed first-two weeks of the season with a shoulder injury
The Mustang defense pitched a shutout last week against Putnam City North without one of its most dynamic defensive players.
Linebacker Cory Irwins, No. 28 on The Oklahoman's Super 30 recruit rankings, has yet to play this season after aggravating a previous shoulder injury in the preseason.
Photoview all 44 photos
NewsOK Related Articles
Irwins, 6-foot-3, 220 pounds, said he's hopeful to be cleared by doctors to return to action Monday, and be in the lineup Friday. The Broncos (2-0) host a surprisingly unbeaten Stillwater team coming off a big wins over McAlester and Midwest City.
Stillwater moved into the top 10 at No. 9 in this week's Class 6A rankings.
STILLWATER'S LITTELL COMMITS TO OSU
Stillwater junior Jon Littell, the youngest son of Oklahoma State women's basketball coach Jim Littell, committed to the Cowboys' baseball team on Sunday.
The 6-foot-4 Littell can play a variety of positions, including outfield, corner infield spots and catcher. Littell's bat, though, is what has drawn him attention as one of the state's best players in the 2014 class.
Littell was likely going to be Stillwater's quarterback this season but decided to give up football to concentrate on baseball. He had 55 tackles and 281 yards and five touchdowns receiving as a sophomore for the Pioneers.
SOPHOMORE DUKE LIFTS BETHANY
Bethany football coach Reagan Roof is turning to young players at a variety of key positions this season, starting with his quarterback, sophomore Kyle Duke.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 101218Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15357OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 13402Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 8724Line of storms brings flash floods to Oklahoma City area
- 8110How to help tornado victims
- 8098Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation
- 8041Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort