High schools: Southmoore might have Class 6A's best offense
Only other team in state's biggest class with more points is Edmond Santa Fe — and that's by only a touchdown.
NewsOK Related Articles
Edwards looks forward to getting that chance.
“We've been talking about that a lot,” Edwards said. “And Coach Brickman's right. We've got to keep our foot on the pedal. It'd be kind of cool to see what we could do if we just keep running our offense.”
One concern for the offense is the penalties it has drawn this season.
Southmoore has been penalized for more than 100 yards virtually every week this season.
Thursday, Southmoore was flagged 14 times for 150 yards. Against Westmoore, the SaberCats drew 16 penalties for 138 yards.
While Brickman said he'd certainly like to see his team cut back on those flags, he's also not overly concerned about it.
“Our offense, with the way we do our outside zone, has led to a lot of that,” Brickman said. “We're getting better at it, and we're working on ways to improve that, but we've got some guys that aren't used to it and that's led to the holding calls and things like that.
“As long as they're penalties of effort and not stupid ones, we'll take those. The effort has been there.”
The SaberCats are 5-1, with their only loss to Santa Fe. They'll face a tough challenge this week against 5-1 Norman.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 81135Read live updates from the May 20 Moore tornado
- 32459Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 13823Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims
- 10241At least 51 die in Oklahoma tornado, official says
- 7786Tornado in Oklahoma City suburb causes destruction