High schools: Tecumseh running back Julian Tramble is Oklahoman's Football Player of the Week
The senior, who has been a starter since his freshman season, ran for 302 yards and three touchdowns in victory over Glenpool.
TECUMSEH — Right when his team needed it most, Tecumseh's Julian Tramble came through with a career performance.
The senior running back went for 302 yards and three touchdowns on 26 carries to help the Savages knock off Glenpool and keep their playoff hopes alive with two weeks left in the regular season.
NewsOK Related Articles
“He was on fire. He was reading his blocks, making great cuts,” Tecumseh coach Greg George said of Tramble, who was named The Oklahoman's Player of the Week for his performance.
“We thought Julian might be in line for a breakout year. He's been a starter since he was a freshman, when we brought him up to varsity, and he worked really hard to prepare for this year.”
The win put Tecumseh in fourth place in District 4A-2, tied with Mannford, which will host the Savages in a vital game in Week 10. Tecumseh makes a trip to Santa Fe South this week, where a loss could severely cripple the Savages playoff hopes.
“We know our playoffs kind of already started,” George said. “We started 0-3 in district, and that put us in this position. Now, we've got blinders on and our heads down. We're just moving ahead one week at a time.”
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 83827Oklahoma weather: Severe storm updates
- 81813Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 34696Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 28482Oklahoma sucker-punched by second round of twisters
- 15922Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 12591Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 8828Oklahoma football: Jay Norvell working on luring a tall group of wide receivers to Norman